Posted by Tim Stobbs on April 11, 2007
Well in the spirit of having a little fun I came up with this little list of 10 signs your retirement plan isn’t going to work.
1. You are depending on double digit returns for the next 20 years.
2. You are depending on an inheritance to retire.
3. You are depending on winning the lottery to retire.
4. You are depending on your government giving you enough benefits to retire when you will have over $100,000 in debt at retirement.
5. You are depending on your kids to help you out in retirement.
6. You are not saving anything for retirement yet.
7. Your financial adviser won’t return your calls after having negative returns for the last three years.
8. You don’t even know if you have a pension plan at your work.
9. You think borrowing money on your credit card to invest for your retirement sounds like a good idea.
10. You are using any of the previous nine items in your own plan and you don’t see a problem with it.
Got your own idea to add? Please leave a comment and share it with everyone. This post is now part of the 96th Carnival of Personal Finance.