Well let’s face it we all need help once in a while. Here is a list of some useful links to help you to retire early too.
Your one stop for reading just about everything there is to know about Canadian Taxes is Taxtips.ca.
Government of Canada
- Old Age Security (OAS) – Free money when you turn 65, provided you qualify.
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) – You can start collecting it at 60, but you get less than at 65.
- Canadian Retirement Income Calculator – Let’s you estimate your CPP and OAS benefits including what happens when your retire early.
Books to Read
Well there is so many useful ones out there. For all the ones I have reviewed see Book Reviews. I suggest starting with Your Money Or Your Life.
There are various ones out there, some are better than others depending on what you are trying to simulate. Some of the ones I’ve like (beyond the government one above) are:
- FIRE Cal
- Pension Puzzle Calculator – One of the best out there, so much so I stopped working on my own.
- Cross Over Play – My own basic calculator to find when you hit financial independence.
Let’s face it if you can pay off your mortgage sooner you can typically retire early. So with that in mind I like using this calculator. Mainly because you can run three simulations side by side (Make sure to click on Term to make sure you are entering that parameter correctly).