Friday, March 31, 2017

Aug 2016 – Net Worth

Posted by Tim Stobbs on September 1, 2016

The following is an update of Tim’s plan to retire early.  Please note we are mortgage free.

Our ultimate goal between investments and the home equity is a net worth of around $1 million.  The investment part of that target is $550,000 (or higher).

Investments

Accounts

RRSP $51,600
LIRA $15,380
TFSA $75,630
Pension $146,040
Wife’s RRSP $81,780
Wife’s TFSA $63,680
Wife’s Taxable $52,400
High Interest Savings Account $1950

Investment Net Worth $488,460 (increase of $12,578 over last month)

Home Equity

Estimate $395,000

Spending

Last Month $2550

That included almost $1000 towards our vacation, so overall a good spending month.

Trailing Last 12 Month Average $2526 (or $30,319 for the last 12 months)

Results

PF Score: 29.1 {Target 31}

Net Worth ~$883,460

Commentary:

Our house assessment was recently updated so I updated the house value in these statements to match.  The investments continued to do well, but were helped out by a higher than normal savings month. I had some extra cash(~$4000) put aside for something that I ended up not needing it for, so I added it to our investments.

Any questions?

Aug 2016 Invest Net Worth

(click to make bigger)

Comments

5 Responses to “Aug 2016 – Net Worth”
  1. scott says:

Those TFSA’s are sweet – the more money in them the better. I wonder if there is risk in terms of governmental restrictions being put on them down the road.

2. Tim Stobbs says:

@Scott – There is always a low risk of a government policy change but it rarely causes a person a huge amount of problems. For TFSAs they have already gone after the high frequency traders with huge balances so the rest of us are just fine. The contribution room may change again, but likely not much.

3. trevor says:

Hey Tim, love the site. I’ve got a net worth spreadsheet I’ve been using for almost 2 years now and your financial updates are really good. I’m curious about how my own net worth is going to snowball-if you do a squared curve fit, what’s your A term? (Ax^2+Bx+C)

4. Tim Stobbs says:

@trevor – ‘A’ term is a 0.035 if I add a trend-line to the data set.

5. trevor says: