I’ll be completely honest for a moment here. I know I don’t need lots of tools, electronics or kitchen gadgets that I own in my life. I could very easily live without them, but I choose to keep them because I like them. Not a great reason I know, but you always need some things in your life that really don’t make logical sense. So here are my top five toys and things I like, but really don’t need.
- Deep Frier – I eat way more deep fried items because of this thing than I need to, but the problem is it tastes so good. Try fresh homemade ginger beef and you will want to stop eating out for Chinese food.
- Bread Maker – This is purely a way to be lazy about making dough. I rarely cook any bread in it. Yet I can make better sweet dough for cinnamon buns in the machine than I can by hand.
- Surround Sound – It’s a nice to have toy for watching movies, but strictly speaking not required at all.
- MP3 Player – I love to take this on plane trips or when I take the bus to work. Small, compact and tonnes of musically choice regardless of what I’m in the mood for. Yet I could also read a book, so I don’t have to have it.
- The Second Computer – This was purely an accident that I bought a laptop and decided to keep the old desktop as well. Now it’s just handy to have one of them purely for my writing hobby.
I noticed something interesting about that list. Most of the items on that were gifts from other people. So perhaps that is why I get these items. I just buy want I really need and let other people buy me the excess items. So what do you have you like, but really don’t need?