Posted by Tim Stobbs on May 26, 2008
Good day all and welcome to Canadian Dream: Free at 45. My name is Tim and I’ll be your host today. In honour of my second son being born early this month I’m basing the theme of this carnival on the classic poem: Monday’s Child.
Monday’s child is fair of face (or at least wrote a great post which caught this editor’s eye).
- Wide Open Wallet wrote a great post on Credit Protection.
- Save and Conquer wrote an entertaining test on if you are financially boring.
- Amateur Asset Allocator wrote an interesting post on Will the Falling Dollar Cause Inflation?
- One Caveman’s Financial Journey talking about a tricky issue of Setting Boundaries for Grand Parental Spending
- Budgets are Sexy writes about the Four Stages You’ll Encounter during a “No Spending” Challenge
- Help My Cash Grow writes about Don’t Blame OPEC for the high price of oil.
- Five Cent Nickel writes about The Social Acceptability of Frugality.
- I’ve Paid For This Twice Already writes about Tracking Pennies (something that is painful to do, but useful).
- Are You Going to Be This Way the Rest of the Time I Know You (wow what a long blog title) writes a great post about Time and Effort are More Valuable Than Money.
Tuesday’s child is full of grace (perhaps owing to the fact they learned their money management and savings skills well).
- Personal Finance Hacks presents Avoid the Top 10 Banking Mistakes
- Blueprint for Financial Prosperity presents Top 5 Online Banks
- Accumulating Money presents What to Do Before Age 30 to Set You On a Firm Financial Path
- Saving Advice presents Falling Off the Dave Ramsey Diet
- Seaykopitiam presents Saving Vs Investing: Think like the rich man
- Money and Fitness Blog presents How Much Should a Graduation Gift Be?
- Results Junkies present The Best Way to Spend $20, Today
- Beyond Paycheck to Paycheck presents My Car is Driving Me Nuts
- $aving to Invest presents Why Online High Yield Saving Accounts are Poor Investments
- Discover Debt Freedom presents 5 Financial Rules to Live By
- Destroy Debt presents Manage Your Money with a Preparation Account
- The Personal Financier presents Budgeting for the Unexpected Expenses
- Happy Rock presents Step Towards Financial Simplicity
- Our Fourpence Worth presents Expensive Lessons in DYI
- Mighty Bargain Hunter presents Pay $15 for Gas Now
- Wealth Junkies presents Pinching Pennies
- Think Your Way to Wealth presents Ways to Educate yourself about Personal Finance
- Mastering Your Card presents Creating a Financial Emergency Plan
- Save to the Future presents Self Discipline and Your Money
Wednesday’s child is full of woe (potentially because they didn’t use their credit wisely and now have some debt).
- Not the Jet Set presents Credit Cards Aren’t Evil
- Taking Charge presents Protecting Your Identity While Protecting Us Abroad
- Until Debt Do Us Part presents There I Said It – Personal Finance is Boring
- Free from Broke presents Do you Love Your Job? A Credit Card Evaluation
- Single Guy Money presents the Twelve Year Car Loan (Editor’s Note: No that time frame isn’t a typo).
- Credit Addict presents The Death of the No Fee 0% Balance Transfer Credit Card Offers
- Pinching Copper presents Are Credit Cards the Next Financial Crisis
- Millionaire Money Habits presents Four Steps to Turn Debt into Wealth
- My Dollar Plan presents Turn Your Wasted Money Into a Debt Reduction Plan
Thursday’s child has far to go (but so does everyone who is investing for the long term).
- FIRE Finance presents How to Turn $5000 into $22 Million
- David Makes Cents presents My Alternative Incomes
- Dividend 4 Life presents When is Enough, Enough
- Dividend Growth Investor presents Why Do I Like Dividend Achievers
- My Family’s Money presents Dollar Cost Averaging: The Basics
- American Consumer News presents Automatic Savings with Automatic 401(k) Plans
- Retire to India presents Generating Income in Retirement
- Million Dollar Journey presents Hedge Against Your Bills by Owing the Company
- Can I Get Rick on a Salary presents a Success Story
- Don’t Feed the Alligators present Target Retirement Funds for Medium Term Savings
- Uncommon Cents asks What Asset Allocation For Older Investors?
- The Dividend Guy presents The Top 5 Ways to Lose Money in Stocks
- The Dough Roller presents An Easy Way to Invest
Friday’s child is loving and giving (at least by providing a review or teaching about being frugal).
- Free Money Finance presents a review of The Automatic Millionaire
- Pennies to Nickels presents Seven Trips for Travel Planning
- Bible Money Matters presents 7 Tips for a Frugal Wedding
- Sound Money Matters presents Budget Party Planning
- Out of Debt Again presents How to Get the Most Out of Your Tires
- Dollar Frugal presents Less Hairwashing – Better All Around
- Everyday Finance presents How I Saved Thousands on a Kitchen Remodel
- Finance Puzzle presents Online Coupons Codes Savings
- Living the Cheap Life presents Free Wireless Internet On the Road
- Coupon Diva presents Organic Tomatoes and KY Jelly
- Money Kings present Why Aren’t you Bald?
- You Might as Well Burn $5 presents The Battle of the Air Conditioner
- Value For Your Life presents Holiday Budget Travel Tips
- Money Smart Life presents Three Ways your Boss Can Save You Money on Gas
- Monroe on a Budget presents The Crayons in your Frugal Living Crayon Box
Saturday’s child works hard for a living (by looking into the economy or real estate)
- Trader’s Narrative presents Fed Funds Minus 90 Day T-Bill Rate
- Penny Jobs presents How Inflation Will Change Things
- Funny About Money presents Real Estate: Is Now the Time to Buy?
- Searchlight Crusade presents The Best Way to Avoid Default and Foreclosure
- Blunt Money presents What’s Really Involved With Buying Your First Home
But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day, Is bonny and blithe and good and gay (well with that many descriptors I think I can safely call this the misc posts section)
- Money Ning presents Taking Advantage of Different State’s Sales Tax
- Daily Money Hack presents Don’t Quit Jobs for Less Than an 8% Raise
- My Wealth Builde presents (Early) Retirement – The Final Frontier
- Smart Money Daily presents Five Perfect Jobs for Retirees
- The Platinum Year Network presents Shocking News About Social Security Solvency
- Insure Blog presents Why you Need Health Insurance, Redux
- Frugal Babe presents Ten Years Gone By
- Squawkfox presents How to Survive Losing Your Purse or Wallet
- Fabulously Broke in the City presents Do you Recognize This Bag At First Glance?
- Broke Grad Student asks What are you Doing with Your 2008 Tax Rebate?
- Cash Money Life presents Is US Currency Legal?
- Dreaming of Ferraris presents Getting Ready for a Planned Splurge
- Growing Money presents Salary Review
So that this the Carnival. Make sure to check out the main site for who is hosting next week.
PS: Sorry for the delay getting this published, but I had some sever issues this morning.