Well in the last while this idea has come up twice in my life. First over at Get Rich Slowly and the second time at a seminar I attended last week. So I thought it might be fun to forget about ways I save money and focus on where I splurge my money. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Home Improvement – Alright I will admit I like living in a nice looking environment. I can do it slowly in stages which makes it somewhat affordable, but in the end I will spend several thousands of dollars in each house I live in making it beautiful and I don’t regret a penny of it.
- Home Location – I could have easily saved $20,000 or more by buying a different house, but we picked this one because we love the location. I’m 100 m from a huge park system, three blocks from a mall and tons of big box stores and 500 m from three different elementary schools. Even if I won a new house I won’t move from here.
- DVD’s – Ok, I’m a cheap person when it comes to renting them (I get all of mine from the library or friends), yet if I really want a given movie on DVD I will buy it the day it comes out.
- Coffee – I hate crappy coffee and don’t mind the least paying a bit more to get a decant cup when I’m out somewhere.
- Rollar Blades – After destroying a cheap pair in under two months one summer (I literally cracked a wheel in half) I’ve never mind in the least spending a couple of hundred dollars on a decant set. Actually if I consider amount of use for dollar paid I’m likely saving money now as my current set has lasted much longer than any previous ones.
So what do you splurge on?