Posted by Tim Stobbs on March 13, 2008
I know I’ve mention before our food bills are typically under $300 for a month to feed three people. So I thought perhaps it would be useful for me to post what I bought during one of big shopping trips at the start of the month. I should point out I run a pantry system in the house, so I only buy certain things when they run out so this isn’t a complete list of what I eat but rather a snap shot.
Here is what we bought at the start of March for $227.22:
- Apples (two kinds), Ya Pears, Bananas, Lemon, Red Onion, Yellow Onions, Red Pepper, Garlic, Radishes, Green Onions, Fresh Mushrooms, 1/2 case of navel oranges (the free item with $150 minimum purchases), frozen mix veggies, frozen peas
- Bulk bins: Whole almonds, Jelly Belly Beans, Gummi Bears, Pumpkin seeds, Lemonade drink crystals, honey roasted peanuts, pretzel twists
- 12 bulk bagels, multigrain cheerios, rice, bread x 3, pitas
- 8 pudding cups, 2 boxes triscuit crackers, apples juice x2, cranberry juice, White Cheddar Mac and Cheese (2 boxes), 6 L of Canola Oil, baking soda x 2, Hoisin sauce, soya sauce, butter chicken sauce, coffee 3 lbs, bulk coffee beans, jar of jam, sugar, brown sugar, Chinese Five Spice, 2 bags of potato chips
- Cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, yogurt cups (case)
- Canned: chick peas x 2, pork and beans (one big, one small), pineapple tidbits, six bean mix x 2, whole tomatoes, skim evaporated milk, tuna
- 2 lbs bacon, coil sausage, two shrimp rings, sirloin steak, ground beef, pork chops, 2 dozen eggs
- muffin cup liners, stain remover, toilet bowl cleaner, 1 case paper towel
I’m sure there is going to be questions on this so feel free to ask (the above includes using $9.24 in coupons).