Posted by Tim Stobbs on February 20, 2008
Well Mike over at Quest for Four Pillars is also expected their second child just the same as me so I thought I would share a few of our ideas on saving money when the second little one is on their way. The follow is a list of ideas in no particular order.
- Remember all that crap you bought and almost never used last time. Good. Now don’t buy it again.
- If your spouse is a pack rat, now is the time and go tell them they are wander and assess what you can use out of all those boxes of old clothes regardless of the baby’s sex. Let’s face it basic brown pants can look good with a blue top or a bright yellow one.
- Tell everyone you know that you are having your baby and make it know you are accepting items. Even if people don’t want to give it to you out right, most people would be ok if you borrowed it for a while.
- Regardless if you are having a baby girl or boy, don’t feel compelled to dress them all in pink or blue. Let’s face most can’t tell by looking at a baby what sex they are and most of the time they will just ask. If you feel compelled to make your baby’s sex obvious, remember accessories are a girl’s best friend (hair bans, shoes…you get the idea).
- Even if your baby is the same sex as your first there is no guarantee that they will be the same size in the same season. So be prepared to buy/get gifts/find used clothes to fill in the gaps that arise.
- Recycle as many items as you can from the first baby. The crib, the change mat, bedding and those handy receiving blankets (otherwise know are barf towels).
If you have any other ideas please share for all those blogger parents to be (I have literally lost track of the number of PF blogger having kids right now).